The Granite City Community Band is a full not-for-profit corporation that exists solely on the donations and contributions from the community.
Granite City Band Wayne Rice Scholarship
The Granite City Community Band sponsors a yearly scholarship for a member of the band who has shown a dedication to the arts who is continuing on in their education. The scholarship is awarded in the spring, and the recipient must be an active member of any of the bands. Preference is given for students continuing on in music, but if no applicants will be majoring in a fine arts degree, consideration is opened up to others. Preference is also given to graduating high school students, though again, if this does not apply to any of the applicants, any active band member attending college who applies will be considered. Review and selection for the scholarship among the applicants is done by the band board. In years where there are no applicants, the scholarship is skipped for that year. For questions about the scholarship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous recipients of the Granite City Community Band scholarship:
- 2018 – Katie Matecki, trumpet (Collinsville High School, Indiana State University)
- 2018 – Nick Haddock, saxophone (Northern Illinois University)
- 2017 – Zachary May, alto sax (Granite City High School, SIUE)
- 2017 – Carl Eastman, trumpet (Edwardsville High School, Missouri University of Science and Technology)
- 2013 – Mary Liszewski, alto sax (Triad High School, McKendree University)
- 2010 – Jacqui Rogers, flute (Granite City High School, Milliken University)
- 2007 – Emily Rigdon, trumpet (Edwardsville High School, SIUE)
- 2005 – Cally Laughlin, clarinet (Granite City High School, DePaul University)
- 2003 – Sarah Rigdon, flute (Granite City High School, SWIC/SIUE/McKendree)
- Beth Wilhelm, french horn (Collinsville High School, Murray State)
The Granite City Community Band is a 501(c) not-for-profit corporation that operates solely through annual contributions and free-will donations taken at our concerts from friends like you. All money we receive goes to purchasing equipment, music and programs. Money donated is tax deductible
If you would like to support the band in a more formal manner on an annual basis, please email email@example.com. If you would like to designate your gift in honor of or in memory of someone, please note it with an email. Upon receipt of your donation, your name or corporation will appear under the appropriate category in subsequent concert programs, unless you wish to remain anonymous.
Friend-John & Jan Ashbrook, Robert & Kay Baetz, Thomas & Barbara Bingham, Lawrence & Diane Eastman, Steve & Terri Green, Charles Preston, Karlar Frost, Nick Petrillo, Jim & Terri Smothers, Marlene Fagala
Donor-M. Jean Hileman, Gary Kasprovich, Neal Strebel, Mark & Jean Nelson, Jim & Sue Eydmann
Associate-James & Connie Ahlers, Phillip M. Atkins, Kevin & Peggy McKee, Chris & Sarah Rigdon, Thomas & Dorothy Voloski, Immanuel Methodist Church, David & Cheryl Tutka, Lincoln Place Heritage Association
Patron-Dave & Cora Miller, Billie Strauser, Delmar Tegtmeier
Benefactor-Liszewski Family Trust, Steve & Pat Rigdon
Benefactor Plus-The Susin Sisters
2016 Trivia Sponsors-Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis Cardinals, Gateway Grizzlies, Casino Queen, Rain Tunnel Car Wash, the Cup, Mid-America Airport, Petco, Jamie’s Hair Designs, Irwin’s Chapel, Ravanelli’s, Swing City Music, Bodies Kneaded, Edison’s, Schlafly’s, Casey’s, Peel Wood-fired Pizza, Museum of Transportation, Chicago Cubs, Sarah Rigdon, Frances Ellis, Peter Bukalski, Dorothy Voloski, Pam Maibaum, Connie Ahlers, Bobbi Burg